Aria

Aria

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Aria's Life in Review: Day 33 - August 1, 2014

Look at those black, black eyes! So captivating!

From her baby book:

Daddy was sick today so for the first time in your life, he had to go a day without seeing you.  He hated it but he didn't dare come to the NICU with you already being sick.  So instead I took care of Bennett all day, then after I put him to bed I came up to the hospital to see you.  
Your xrays were already looking better, and your fever was down, so I was able to hold you.  You seemed much more comfortable today.  When I asked nurse Erin if I could hold you, she said that she thought that since you were sick, it might be better if I didn't today.  Even though I was expecting that response, I was tired and stressed and started to cry as I said, "I want to do whatever's best for her, it just kind of kills me."  I think I caught poor nurse Erin off guard, because she immediately said she'd call the NP and see if she thought it would be okay for me to hold her.  I kept telling her it was fine, that I didn't want to put you in any stress if you weren't feeling well, but she conferred with the NP and they agreed that it would be okay for me to try holding you today and see how you do.  
It was so nice to hold you after you had been so sick yesterday, and after my crazy day at home.  I could tell you still weren't feeling great because you were much more snuggly and mellow than normal, but were were pretty alert for how late at night it was.  Right before we put you back so I could go home, I thanked sweet nurse Erin for letting me hold you and she gave me a great compliment - she said, " I don't know why I was worried, her numbers are way down and she looks happy to be in your arms!"

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great memory. I know she loved being held by you.

    ReplyDelete