Aria

Aria

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Aria's Life in Review: Day 40 - August 8, 2014


Family picture day!  I just snapped this picture with my phone while we were setting up, but it remains one of my favorites.  I didn't even bother putting Aria in clothes for pictures, my friend Rachel just modified a navy blue diaper cover to make it smaller, and we went with her classic headband look.

This was a hard day for me in terms of accepting our current reality.  I had so many visions of what I wanted the family pictures to look like, what kind of poses we would do, etc.  We already were starting off not perfect because Aria was so swollen that day from all her medications that she didn't look like her true self.  But then after only about 20 minutes of pictures, she had a seizure that stopped things in their tracks.  We had to put her back to bed to recover. . .just that little bit of activity was too much stimulation for her, even though she was mostly sleeping through it.  Thankfully, my brother-in-law is a professional and managed to get a few really good pictures in that short amount of time.  It was a hard but good lesson for me in learning to accept what you have to work with.  I'm such a perfectionist normally - at our last family pictures just 10 months prior, I had agonized for days over preparing the perfect outfits, the perfect hairstyles, etc.  And they looked amazing (except for Bennett getting a split lip the night before while playing).  But I find that everything about Aria has changed how I view things and how much to stress (or rather, how much I SHOULDN'T stress) over things I can't control.

No comments:

Post a Comment