Aria

Aria

Monday, August 17, 2015

Aria's Life in Review: Day 49 - August 17, 2014

Since Aria hadn't had any scares the day before, I felt ok going to my sister's house 15 minutes away to sleep, instead of sleeping at the NICU again.  When I got back to the hospital the next morning I found that our primary nurse had gotten Aria all dolled up for her visitors today!


 I love how some of the nurses were able to do some cute things with her hair during her time there.  I never knew what to do with it!

We had gotten special permission to reserve the family room so that our immediate families could come say their last goodbyes.  We didn't let anyone hold her there because we knew just having that many people in the room would be plenty of stimulation.





We spent most of the day with her at the NICU. . .and the night, too!  Because of the circumstances, our nurse was able to get a room one floor down in the Ronald McDonald housing.  So for the only time ever, our family was able to all sleep in the same building!  Funny how in normal life we take that for granted.

(my view looking down at her snoring away in my arms)

I stayed up late with Aria having some good bedtime snuggles.  She was wearing a cute little sleeper her night nurse had found in the NICU collection.  I didn't start visiting Aria much at night until the last couple weeks, and I regret that.  Bedtime snuggles are where it's at!


At midnight I finally gave in to the sleep and went down to our family room, where I found my boys already sleeping away.  So then I pumped and showered and finally got into bed around 2am.  Totally worth it to have my family all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment